Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dont worry about me. God will save me.

As a christian, many of us have asked this question : "Is this the will of God?" "Is this the job God has planned for me?" "Is this guy/girl God want me to marry?" Then we will ask God for confirmation if that is His will, but it never comes.

I just want to share a story that most of you probably have heard of:

Once there was a faithful Christian (let's call him John) whose town was raining hard. A police car drove by his house and told him that the flood will be taken over the town and everyone must leave the town immediately for safety. The policeman offered to give him a ride for leaving town. And John said: "Dont worry about me, God will save me." So the policeman left.

A while later the flood had taken over the ground level of the house, so John had to go up to the second floor of his house. A neighbour who was riding a boat passed by his house and offered to give him a ride. Again John answered: "Dont worry about me, God will save me."

The rain still had not stopped so John had to move to the rooftop of his house. A helicoptor who was searching for survivors found John sitting on his roof. Again the helicoptor put down a ladder and asked John to climb up. (Say it with me if you know how John answered: "Dont worry about me, God will save me.")

Did God save John at the end? NO. John was killed in the flood and now meeting face-to-face to with God. John was very upset and asked why God didnt save him. God answered:"My dearest child, I tried to save you three times. I first sent a policeman, then a neighbour, and finally a helicoptor to try to save you. But you refused them all."

Were you like John in the story? Thinking that John will be saved by God in a very special way? Like an angel flies down from Heaven and carries John out of the flood? Or the flood just suddenly stopped when it almost covered over John. Sometimes when we are in a crisis, we pray hard and expecting God to save us in a special way, a way we have scripted. And we are so focus on that special way and ignores other ways God has planned. Remember, God is the One who is doing the saving, not you. And His wisdom is 100000000000000000000..................................... times greater than our wisdom.

If your have waited long time for the confirmation of God about a decision, most likely it will not come. Because God has already confirmed His will. Sometimes you will be surprised by what you see when you take a step back and look at the issue from the different angle. When you have a tough decision to make, it's not a bad idea to

1) Go to the Bible and find a similar situation of how that Bible character did. (God's love and promise for us will never change)
2) Go talk with a pastor or bro/sis that you can trust.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. TAKE ACTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment