Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Partial Obedience = Disobedience

I was shocked when I found out that the journey from Eygpt to Canaan (Promise Land) only takes 11 days to complete, yet it took the Israelites 40 years.

Let me do a quick calcualtion : 40 X 365 = 14600/11 = 1327. It took them 1327 times longer and they could be back and forth from Canaan to Egypt more than 650 times only if they could have been more obidience to the God.

Are you in the same situation as the Israelites too? Is your life bringing you nowhere? Are you lost in the desert?

I hope those few points I learn can help you:

1) Pray to God about it. Ask Him to renew your mind. Ask Him to let you know when there is something you are doing that is not pleasing to Him.

2) Charles Stanley's 30 Life Principles #5 God does not require us to understand His will, just
obey it, even if it seems unreasonable. This is not easy to do, but this is what God wants us learn. That is what trust is all about. Remember, God is the only One that knows our future, and if He loves us, He will want the best for our future. I dont think that is one person in this world have no regret until the day he/she dies. We all made wrong decision, but God had not, has not, and will not be making any wrong decision.

3) Read Bible/devotion books more often. For me, God has spoken to me using this method more often. Sometimes just few days after my prayer.


God has used many tools to reveal His mind to us. But it is up to us to go find it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment